Meals for 4 under $11: St. Patrick's Day quesadillas
If you're looking for something quick to make with a St. Patrick's Day twist, Steve Schroeder from Reno Street Food, joined us in the studio Thursday morning to share how you can feed four people for under $11 with his St. Patrick's Day quesadillas.
CHECK IT OUT.
- 4 large burrito flour tortillas
- 8-10 slices Swiss cheese
- 24 thin slices ( about ½ lb) pastrami
- ½ cup well-drained sauerkraut
- Thousand Island dressing and or mustard for dipping.
- Warm up a nonstick skillet over a medium heat. Brush 1 side of a tortilla with melted butter and place tortilla buttered side down onto heated skillet.
- On half of the tortilla, layer slices of cheese, then pastrami, sauerkraut, followed by a few more slices of cheese. Melted cheese makes a great quesadilla.
- Fold the empty side of the tortilla over filling and press down with a spatula to seal. Cook for 2-3 minutes and then carefully flip to brown other side. Quesadilla is done once cheese has melted and both sides are golden brown.
- Continue process with other 3 tortillas.
- Cut into triangles, and serve with a side of thousand island dressing and or yellow mustard.