Wildlife officials warn Somersett residents of possible mountain lion sightings
The Nevada Department of Wildlife and Somersett management staff is warning residents after two possible mountain lion sightings over the weekend.
According to a newsletter sent out by Somersett staff on Monday morning, residents responded seeing one in the area of Holes 10 and 11 and the other near Hole 4 on the golf course.
The Nevada Department of Wildlife offers the followings tips:
- Do not run away. Make yourself large and make noise.
- Keep your dogs on a leash at all times.
- Make sure you always have a charged cell phone with you.
- If you come across a newly killed deer, walk away.
- Keep in mind that mountain lions are more active in the early morning and evening hours.
NDOW asks if you do spot a mountain lion, you are asked to contact their hotline immediately at 775-688-1331.