RENO, Nev. (News 4 & Fox 11) — This week from Monday, Jan. 28 through Thursday, Jan. 31, Reno will be holding the 2019 Nevada Water Resources Association (NWRA) Annual Conference Week at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa.
The week will hold many activities including workshops, symposium sessions, panel discussions, and exhibitor booths to name a few.
Four workshops include:
- Water Rights in Nevada: Monday, Jan. 28, 2019 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- MIKE SHE Workshop: Monday, Jan. 28, 2019 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Advanced Water Rights in Nevada: Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2019 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- FEFLOW Workshop: Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2019 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m
The Mine Water Management Symposium will be held on both Monday and Tuesday. On Monday it will take place from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., and on Tuesday from 8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
Both symposium days will have six information sessions, booth exhibits, and poster presentations.
- Modeling the Geochemistry of Pit Lakes
- Managing Existing Pit Lakes
- 2 Sessions of State of Practice in Groundwater Flow Modeling-Appropriate Use of Modern Tools, Methods and Prediction Techniques
- 2 Sessions of Innovation from Outside Nevada
In addition there will be five panel discussions, a student poster competition, silent auction items, exhibitor booths, networking and more.
Panel discussions include:
- Humboldt River Basin
- Does Nevada Give a Dam? Perspectives on Nevada Dams
- Harmful Algal Blooms
- What We Need to Plan for and Understand Today, Not in 2100
- The Trials and Tribulations of Groundwater Management Plans
Technical sessions include:
- Climate Change & Resiliency
- Approaches to Water and Wastewater Treatment
- Advances in Hydrogeologic Characterization and Well Design
- Advances in Mining Techniques and Analyses
- Water Management and Impacts on the Health of Ecosystems
- Water Resources and Applied Sciences
- Characterization and Management Practices Using Water Chemistry
Additional activities include:
- On Tuesday: Capturing Evaporation from Nevada’s Pit Lakes, Regulatory and Technical Aspects Luncheon and Discussion from 12:00 p.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- On Tuesday: "Whisky’s fer Drinkin’ and Water’s fer Fightin’ fer Speakeasy-Public Trust in Nevada" from 5:30 p.m. until 6:45 p.m.
- On Thursday: A yogurt and yoga activity from 6:45 a.m. until 7:45 a.m.
Register online, get additional information, or call Tina Triplett at 775-473-5473.