Meals for 4 under $11: Easy chicken verde enchiladas
RENO, Nev. (Fox 11) —
Steve Schroeder from Reno Street Food joined us in the studio Thursday morning for another edition of Meals for 4 under $11 and showed us how to make easy chicken verde enchiladas.
It's a perfect meal for Mother's Day to celebrate with the whole family and takes less than an hour to prepare.
WATCH to learn more.
- 1 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 16 oz jar green salsa
- 1 small pkg small corn tortillas
- 1 16 oz cheese
- 1 16 oz sour cream
- Preheat oven to 325
- Wash chicken and chop into cubes. In a pan add 1 tbsp olive oil/canola oil, turn on high heat. Add chicken to pan, cook thoroughly. Season to taste, (add garlic, salt and pepper to season).
- In a 9x13 glass pan add a very small amount of verde sauce to the bottom. Spread evenly.
- Take cooked chicken out of pan, turn off stove. Put cooked chicken to a bowl. Add handful bag cheese, ½ container of sour cream and mix together with the cooked chicken until well blended.
- Add 1 spoonful of mixture to tortilla, roll and place in pan. Fill pan completely with rolled enchiladas. Pour remaining salsa verde on top of enchiladas. Cover evenly. Top enchiladas with remaining the rest of the cheese.
- Place in oven for 35-45 minutes uncovered.
- Top with remaining sour cream and serve.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream. Serve with sides of beans and rice.