Lunch Box Battles: Mortadella Stromboli
RENO, Nev. (Fox 11) —
Fox 11's Melissa Carlson joined Chef Lara Ritchie for another edition of Lunch Box Battles. Today, they made a quick and tasty mortadella stromboli.
WATCH to learn more.
- 4 servings
- 1 ½ cup Coarsely grated Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup Thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 1 ea Pizza dough, about 14 oz
- 8 ea Basil leaves
- ¾ cup Black olives
- ½ cup Tomato sauce
- ¼ lb Sliced mortadella, cut into ½” strips
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper
- Mix the cheeses together, set aside.
- Lightly dust a cutting board with flour and roll the dough out to 12 by 18 inches – then cut the dough in half to make two 6x9 doughs.
- Spread half of the cheese mixture along one side of each rectangle, lengthwise – leaving an inch border on the edge.
- Top the cheese with basil, then the mortadella, black olives, more cheese and lightly “sprinkle” with the tomato sauce.
- Roll the dough tightly, and transfer to the sheet pan with the seam side down. Press the ends to seal it.
- Using a sharp knife, make slices (just through the dough) on top – about 2 inches apart. Brush with oil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool slightly then slice and serve.