State Senator Aaron Ford announces bid for Nevada Attorney General
CARSON CITY, Nev. (News 4 & Fox 11) —
Nevada Democratic Majority Leader Aaron Ford has announced his run for attorney general.
Ford has been serving in the Nevada Legislator since 2013 when he was named the Assistant Majority Whip.
The Democratic Majority Leader represents District 11 in southern Nevada.
- Majority Leader - 2017
- Nevada Senate - 2013 to present
- Minority Leader - 2015
- Assistant Majority Whip - 2013-2014
Other Public Service
- Board Member, Junior Achievement of Southern Nevada, 2012
- Appointee, State of Nevada Council to Establish Academic Standards, 2011-present
- Board of Trustees, Olive Crest of Nevada, 2011-present
- Board of Directors, Las Vegas Urban Chamber of Commerce, 2009-2012
- Appointee, Clark County Justice of the Peace Selection Committee, 2008-2012
- Member, Executive Committee, Clark County Democratic Party, 2008-2009 and 2011-2012
Adam Laxalt is the 33rd attorney and current Nevada Attorney General. Laxalt defeated Democratic Secretary of State Ross Miller in 2014.
Although not formally announced, Laxalt has insinuated that he has interest in running for Nevada Governor in 2018.
At this point, no other candidates have launched campaigns for attorney general.
To learn more about Aaron Ford, click here.